In the 2nd interview, we talk to Carlos about his Vision for his company, how he works with his team and his succession plan.
Carlos has been part of the WSI team for 15 years. He is based in Mexico City, Mexico where he also lives. Mexico is a country filled with creativity and that is a natural fuel for his business.
Carlos' advise for new Consultants:
- Follow the system.
- Your first 3-5 years you should focus on growing your sales and in order to do that you need to leverage on the market place; starting year 6, you need to refocus more on profitability and start building some internal resources that improve your margin (do not do it prior to that because you will not have the volume to pay for fixed resources).
- When the objection is price, change the payment terms and be flexible on them but not flexible on price.
- Read, research, learn and research all the new trends in digital, such knowledge will be your differentiation with the customer.
- You will sell better if you have used and experience the services so try to test everything in-house before going out to sell it.
- Participate in the community, share experiences, share mistakes, ask questions.
- Attend convention and regional meetings.