Valentine’s Day is on the horizon and love is in the air, so our team would like to share some of our best digital marketing tips and advice for small businesses as our gift to you. With the right strategy and approach, your campaign can really make this day special for all your customers!
- Be their secret admirer: Card-giving is a long-standing Valentine’s Day tradition, and it’s also a great way for businesses to show their customers some appreciation! Valentine’s Day-themed coupons and cards can be tailored to your brand and business and are a cost-effective way to give a meaningful little gift. A small discount is a classic for a card, but you can connect it more meaningfully to your brand or the day if you like! For example, a free heart-shaped cookie with their coffee order, a discount on gift orders or even a free themed gift-wrapping service for the day.
- Two-for-one: Valentine’s Day is all about couples, so get on board with a two-for-one special! It’s a great way to celebrate this special day, help a customer treat their loved one, and even attract new customers to your business. Write up some copy to link your services or products to Valentine’s Day and start promoting so people can get on board early.
- Temporary rebranding: Show your brand getting into the spirit of Valentine’s Day by temporarily rebranding is a great idea, especially for social media pages and email marketing! Have some fun finding a fun way to add love to your branding – think rose petals, pink and red, a big kiss, and hearts.
- Help out with gift ideas: It can be a challenge to come up with a great and original Valentine’s Day gift, so get ready to help your customers out! As part of your email and social media marketing campaigns, make sure that you have helpful lists of Valentine’s Day gift ideas in a range of prices for different budgets. Don’t be afraid to think out of the box and make interesting suggestions, but remember that the spending trends focus on candy, greeting cards, evenings out, flowers and jewelry.
- Show some love with charity: If you want to be a little different and truly touch your customer’s hearts, then a charitable event is a great opportunity to show some love to those in need. Look for local charities in your area and partner up for a special day where your employees get to give back. For maximum impact, try to showcase your products and services in a practical way. For example, repainting a free clinic if you’re a painting contractor, offering free neck massages if you’re a mobile spa, or building dog kennels if you sell hardware products. Another good idea is to donate a portion of your Valentine’s Day profits, so your customers can join in too!
We hope these tips will help your business have a great Valentine’s Day, and if you need any assistance with your digital marketing campaign, social media marketing, content marketing or PPC campaigns, we’re here to help. Simply contact us today and speak to a friendly member of our team.